Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3

Tom Daley in a relationship with another guy

19-year-old English Olympic diver Tom Daley just revealed that he has been in a relationship with another man since last spring. He says he’s glad he got it off his chest, and that his friends have been supportive. However, toward the end of this video clip, he reveals that reactions among his extended family have been “mixed.” The man he is dating is Oscar-winning gay rights activist Dustin Lance Black, who is twenty years older than Daley. The two celebrities met at the Kids' Choice Awards in Los Angeles last March and hit it off straight away. Since then Tom has been joining Dustin on trips abroad to Paris, Barcelona and Miami. Dustin’s work as a high-profile gay activist gave Tom the courage to come out by posting  a YouTube video.




"Come spring this year my life changed massively when I met someone, and they made me feel so happy, so safe, and everything just feels great - and well, that someone is a guy. And it did take me by surprise a little bit. It was always in the back of my head that something like that could happen, but it wasn't until the spring of this year that it clicked, felt right. Like I said, my whole world just changed, right there and then. And of course I still fancy girls, but right now I'm dating a guy, and I just feel safe, and it really does just feel right. Is it a big deal? I don't think so."





With a side of Speedos:

So here's a Speedo-style salute to Mr. Daley's honesty and bravery. With his over-the-top popularity and pressure leading up to the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016, Tom has a lot at stake. May his admirers and fans all rise up to support him!







No comments:

Post a Comment