Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19

Flash! Olympic Update

An alert reader responded to my July 9 post about Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte, who I reported is planning a post-swimming career in fashion design. My blog visitor informs me that Lochte will have some competition, because Cullen Jones also plans a career in fashion design. He wants to start with a line of designer jeans and go from there. I’m not making this up. Jones (b. 1984) is an African-American international swimmer and Olympic gold medalist who specializes in freestyle sprint events. He is a member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and will compete in the 50-meter and 100-meter freestyle events and the 4x100-meter freestyle relay at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London two weeks from now. Jones holds the world record in the 4×100-meter freestyle relay (long course). Stay tuned.

But wait! My reader also sent along this photo (below) that Lochte posted on his web page showing the two of them sharing a cozy lunch in France on Tuesday (July 17). Lochte (on left, tragically over-accessorized with silver jewelry) sports a T-shirt that reads “Made in USA - Go Big or Go Home.” I shall refrain from making any cheap comments about size. Still, I wonder if they're comparing notes about runway fashions. Perhaps I was too flip about criticizing Lochte's bling. It appears that Jones is wearing a diamond earring, so that should even it out. It appears these boys like their necklaces. I’m in Paris myself at the moment, so I’m keeping my eyes peeled for these two. Note: An informed reader says this is not Paris, but CafĂ© Le Morny in Vichy, France, where Olympic Swim Team U.S.A. is attending an international training camp at the moment. Rats!




 

But I digress. Back to the sexy tan lines, gentlemen. Here's today's crop.





No comments:

Post a Comment